Description[edit | edit source]
The cops are normally referred to by the gangs as "pigs"; a common derogatory statement for a police officer. They are also shown to be quite corrupt, for example; they are said to have 'gotten into' the looting that took place during Blackout.
Members[edit | edit source]
Singular Agents[edit | edit source]
NYPD Officers[edit | edit source]
- Austin (Cop)
- Dawson (Cop)
- Dubrowski (Cop)
- Gavin (Rookie Cop)
- Jackson (Cop)
- Judas (Former Cop; Arrested)
- Nic (Riot Cop)
- Riley (Cop)
- Willis (Rookie Cop)
- Wyatt (Cop)
Security Guards[edit | edit source]
- Cedric (Transit Cop)
- Curt (Transit Cop)
- Eddie (Security Guard)
- Henry (Security Guard)
- Pucci (Transit Cop)
- Randy (Security Guard)
- Stoich (Transit Cop)
Fighting Ability[edit | edit source]
Depending on the difficulty setting, and the crime, they usually respond to calls in big numbers. Robbing stores will set an alarm, and two will usually come, or if they're called for a fight, or a mugging, just one.
At any moment when not engaged in combat, if they feel the need to call for back up, they will take out their walkie-talkie and call for dispatch, which can make it harder, especially for stealth missions.
Their A.I. is exceptional, and will not intervene when two gang members are fighting each other. Although they cannot climb or run as fast as the player, they will stop at nothing to catch you, including throwing their nightstick, if on higher ground.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- They were the only cops to not to use their guns in a Rockstar game, until Bully was released a year later, which is the only exception.
- In the game, if you grab and toss someone at a cop, the cop will fight and arrest the person who was tossed onto the cop, except civilians.
- In Story Mode, they always lie still once beaten, but can crawl away in Rumble Mode.
- When cops arrest you, they leave the scene without taking their arrested gangsters to a nearby police cruiser.
- In development of the game, the player would've possessed the ability to mug even police officers. It is unknown if the cops would have had money or flash to give the Warrior, due it being cut for unknown reasons.
- It is actually possible to get Cops away from you, upon using a lose cops cheat, however this code does not work on the PS4 version.
- Since Cops have more than nine members in rumble mode, you must select two members from this group in create gang in order to utilize the characters Gavin & Willis. You may replace the previous members added with ones to your liking after adding these characters. This rule applies to both the home console and handheld version.