This is the list of gangs that appear in the novel, movie, games, and comics. The Warriors is known not only for its detail on its own gang, but the diverse and realistic or wacky gangs that surround them in New York City.
Novel Gangs Edit
|Gang Name||Film Interpretation|
|The Coney Island Dominators||The Warriors|
|The Delancey Thrones||The Gramercy Riffs|
|The Lords||The Rogues|
|The Castro Stompers||The Turnbull ACs|
|The Borinquen Blazers||The Orphans|
|The Spahies||The Lizzies|
|The Golden Jenissaries||N/A|
|The Intervale Avenue Lesbos|
|The Jackson Street Masais|
These 22 gangs are listed in order of turf (North to South).
Other Gangs Edit
Little is known about the formation of each of these 67 gangs, except that they were founded sometime before 12th July, 1979, and that they were on the Riffs' network.
When the Riffs called a conclave of New York City's gangs, nine delegates of each gang were sent to the meeting on behalf of the gang.
At the meeting in Van Cortlandt Park, the Bronx, it is unknown what became of the gangs' delegates when Cyrus was shot and the meeting was interrupted by the police.
|The Alleycats||Bad luck appears to be their recurring theme, as the cat in their logo is black, and the number on its tail is 13.|
|The Amsterdam All-Stars||N/A|
|The Big Trains||It's possible that D-Train was once a member of this gang.|
|The Black Hands||Stacey is a member.|
|The Colt 45′s|
|The Delaney Rovers|
|The Dingos||Originally a homosexual gang who owned Doberman pinschers and captured Swan (cut from script). They're referenced in Heavy Muscle's unused audio.|
|The E Street Shufflers||N/A|
|The Easy Aces||In the movie script, Mercy originally mentioned them in her dialogue about everybody 'soldiering in' to Sully.|
|The Eighth Avenue Apaches||Their turf is Eighth Avenue, Manhattan.|
|The Fastballs||They're allied with the Boppers. Kip and Randy are members.|
|The Fifth Street Bombers||N/A|
|The Five Points|
|The Go Hards|
|The Gun Hill Dancers||Their turf is Gun Hill, Bronx.|
|The High Rollers||N/A|
|The Homeboys||In the movie script, Mercy originally mentioned them in her dialogue about everybody 'soldiering in' to Sully.|
|The Judas Bunch||On 20th May, 1979, the Judas Bunch were defeated by the Boppers in Harlem, which was later reported by the DJ. They also were defeated by the Riffs at some point, as mentioned by Swan. Their leader was killed for skimming money from the AC's at some point, as mentioned by Snow.|
|The Masai||In the movie script, Mercy originally mentioned them in her dialogue about everybody 'soldiering in' to Sully. They aren't listed as having appeared at the meeting, so they are most likely not on the network.|
|The Meatpackers||In the movie script, Mercy originally mentioned them in her dialogue about everybody 'soldiering in' to Sully.|
|The Mongols||In the movie script, the Warriors originally walk through their territory while they're playing stoopball. Cochise mentions that they lost a soldier to the Mongols in 1978. They dress similarly to the Huns.|
|The Nickel Steaks|
|The Nightriders||In the movie script, Vermin asks if there are any at the meeting, as he dislikes them.|
|The Ninth Avenue Razors||Their turf is Ninth Avenue, Manhattan.|
|The Queen’s Bridge Mutilators|
|The Real Boys|
|The Red Hook Shooters||Their turf is Red Hook, Brooklyn.|
|The Shanghai Sultans|
|The Southern Cross||Their name implies that they are a white supremacist gang.|
|The West Side Lords||In 1979, they were defeated by an all-female gang, as mentioned by Ajax. It was possibly the Lizzies, although an east-side girl gang is mentioned by the Lizzies in their hangout, so they could've been responsible. Their textures are in the game files with the prefix 'West'. The textures for the Warlord and main lieutenant match two members standing behind Knox at the meeting.|
Listed in order of turf (North to South).
- Harlem (Disco Guys & Disco Girls)
- Spanish Harlem
- All the 'other gangs' make no appearances, except for the possibility of attending Cyrus' big meeting.
- Out of all the 'main gangs', the Huns are all Asian and the Hurricanes are all Hispanic. The Boppers, Panzers, and VC Rangers are all African-American. The Furies, Eliminators, Hi-Hats, JSB's, Rogues, and Satan's Mothers are all Caucasian. The Destroyers, Moonrunners, Punks, and Turnbull AC's are black-and-white gangs. The Orphans are mostly Caucasian, with one Hispanic member. Only the Lizzies, Saracens, Riffs and Warriors have as many as three races in their gangs (Caucasian, African-American, and Hispanic).
- The Saracens only have two known Hispanic members (Mouse and Petey). As for the Riffs and Warriors, only one Hispanic member of each gang is ever seen (the Riffs' unnamed messenger and Rembrandt, respectively).
- It is unknown if the single-race gangs are prejudiced against other races, or just that people of a certain race want to join the gangs.